Max Science Primary---------------------------------
MAX SCIENCE – PRIMARY: YEARS 1–6
Discovering through enquiry.
Ignite scientific-enquiry, teach critical thinking, problem solving, collaboration and independent learning through a vibrant and stimulating approach to primary science.
Written by a highly experienced team of authors with a shared philosophy of learning grounded in world-leading science education research and global, leading methodologies.
Max Science primary – Discovering through Enquiry features:
• 100% match to the Cambridge Primary Science Curriculum Framework (stages 1 – 6).
• Integrates and clearly identifies the skills of scientific enquiry and critical thinking.
• All materials are international in content, flexible and adaptable for all global regions.
• There is English language support across all the resources to support teachers and learners whose first language may not be English.
• As part of the Macmillan Education International Curriculum ‘Promise’, the course includes:
• continuous assessment
• school-home journal
• easy-to-use digital components
• tools for independent learning
• full teacher support including professional development.
Student Books 1-6
Written and designed by leading science educators, these books form the basis for active, enquiry-based classroom learning:
• In full colour throughout
• In line with the requirements for the Cambridge Primary Science curriculum framework.
• Each topic is introduced through engaging activities designed to stimulate creative scientific thinking.
• Whole class teaching is focused on firmly embedding the concepts through active individual, pair and group activities and carefully scaffolded learning.
• Units end with checklists and consolidation sections to ensure learners understand the key concepts.
Workbooks are designed for extended practice and consolidation in class or at home:
• Learners are able to express and record the development of their scientific thinking through carefully thought out games, quizzes questions and activities.
• Pages are clearly cross-referenced with the corresponding stage in the Student Books.
The Journals provide a unique way to engage parents in their child’s learning as well as providing the opportunity for reflective practice. They are packed full of:
• Engaging practical activities that not only back up the scientific concepts introduced in the classroom but also show how science is all around us all the time.
Teacher’s Guide 1-6
The Teacher’s Guide comes with full support to help teachers plan and deliver active, engaging and productive lessons, offering:
• Guidance on assessment and differentiation.
• A section on potential scientific language challenges students may face in each topic.
• Full answers to all activities are also provided.
Teacher’s Presentation Kit 1-6
The Teacher’s Presentation Kit offers
• a suite of easy-to-use materials for interactive whiteboards or projectors
• a digital version of the Student Book enhanced with scientific language activities for front of class teaching
• A packed resource centre full of activity sheets that can be downloaded and printed
• Word cards and audio glossary for scientific vocabulary learning
• Teacher’s notes and full answers for all activities.
Max Science Primary
Max Science Brochure
Student Book: Max Science primary Grade 1
Student Book: Max Science primary Grade 2
Student Book: Max Science primary Grade 3
Student Book: Max Science primary Grade 4
Student Book: Max Science primary Grade 5
05.11.2019 | London
Developing differentiation in the science classroom
15.10.2019 | London
Exploring scientific enquiry in a student-centred environment
Max Science Primary
Max Science Flipping books