NILE Blended TYL course in St Petersburg
The first NILE blended course for English teachers of Young Learners
30 academic hours of face-to-face training with Ben Brooks as a trainer in St Petersburg
and 4 weeks’ online tutoring and an assignment
In a group of 15 teachers
Since working as a Director of Studies in 2013 Ben has been involved in teacher training in Saint Petersburg, where he regularly runs Celta courses. He has recently been supervising Distance Delta teacher trainees for NILE. Ben has also been designing and running an action research project for new and experienced teachers in Saint Petersburg.
Professionally Ben is interested in context specific teacher training, classroom based pedagogy and bringing the fun back into the YL classroom.
Ben's qualifications include Cambridge Delta and he is currently working towards an MA with a focus on the principles and practice of teaching young learners.
This course will cover some or all of the following aspects:
- Personal language development
- Insights into cultural and intercultural issues
- Classroom language
- A range of approaches for teaching English to young learners and how such approaches may be realised in the classroom
- Evaluation of materials for teaching English to young learners
- Design and creation of teacher-made materials
- Curricular subjects taught through the medium of English
This course will extend the participant’s understanding and critical awareness of:
- The principles and practice of teaching English to young learners
- Developing critical thinking and cooperative skills
- Digital resources for low-tech, no-tech and high-tech learning environments
This course is aimed at teachers as well as academic managers in the young learner field (the term ‘young learners’ should be taken to cover the 6-12 age range).
Participants should have a minimum language level corresponding to B1 on the Common European Framework.
2-5 June 2020
Special price - £450
St Petersburg, Bolshaya Konyushennaya, 27, Nevsky Prospekt metro station